July 31st! SMADC is hosting an evening for the public to celebrate Maryland’s farms and food at the Buy Local Challenge 10th Anniversary Celebration Event – Southern Maryland Style!
The event is planned for July 31st in Brandywine, Md, and will feature tastings of local farm products , a locally sourced Southern Maryland style buffet dinner, live music, lawn games, clydesdales, and the opportunity to purchase from Maryland farmers, producers, artisans, and crafters.
Southern Maryland farms will be featured, and include sampling of fruits, vegetables, meats, wine, distilled spirits, ice cream, baked goods, and more.
Vendors such as Dicot Farm of Charles County will sample fresh produce from their farm, while you can taste wine and wine infused cupcakes from Romano Vineyard and Winery and others in Prince George’s county, and purchase local meats from R & H Farms in St. Mary’s County. Spider Hall farm will also join us from Calvert county with their famous ‘Miss Moo’s’ ice cream!
This is a ticketed event – tickets must be purchased in advance, so don’t delay!
- $25 for 21 and over (those able to sample wines & spirits at the event. ID will be checked at the door as necessary and the appropriate armband issued)
- $20 for youth under 20 and adults not sampling wine/spirits/beer
- Kids 5 and under free
- Locally Sourced Southern Maryland Style Buffet Dinner
- Vendor Sampling Pass (Sample all vendors, then drop your completed pass into the raffle box for a chance to win local goodies!)
- Commemorative Buy Local Insulated Tote Bag – to keep your tasty farm food purchases cool between farm and fridge.
A huge thank you to our event sponsors: Grow & Fortify, MARBIDCO, Maryland’s Best, Maryland Farm Bureau, the Maryland Agricultural Education Foundaiton, R&D Cross, and the Rural Maryland Council. Tickets are still available while supplies lasts. Purchase tickets here.